“Really good management of people and businesses is and will remain something very special.” In almost four decades of operational management and consulting in global companies, Werner Penk has learned how relevant the message ‚it’s all about people‘ actually is.
Werner Penk about himself:
The first professional years at Nixdorf Computer AG were formative, successful and at the same time challenging. The start-up culture, the early entrepreneurial freedom and the strong will to create value and success were unique.
Corporate patterns learned later often contradicted these experiences and were an expression of the decline in innovation and resistance to change in my home region of Germany.
Translating the learning curves from other regions of the world into qualified personnel and management consultancy determined the second half of my professional time.
It was a particular pleasure to lead consultants from all over the world and to guide growth and prosperity.“
- Studied business administration and economics at Nixdorf Computer AG
- 1982–1990: product management, marketing and sales at Siemens Nixdorf
- 1990–1998: sales department management; management at Siemens AG
- 1998–1999: management Micrologica AG
- 1999–2000: Board member Russell Reynolds Associates
- 2000–2007: Managing Director Heidrick & Struggles
- 2007–2012: Global Managing Partner Korn Ferry
- 2012–2019, President Technology